Rock 'n' Blues Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for students and fans of the Rock 'n' Blues Academy in St Petersburg, Florida

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wanted: Gretsch Hollow-Body or Duo Jet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hjcopeland

Wanted: Gretsch Hollow-Body or Duo Jet Empty
PostSubject: Wanted: Gretsch Hollow-Body or Duo Jet   Wanted: Gretsch Hollow-Body or Duo Jet EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 10:17 am

Anybody know where I can find a nice used Gretsch Hollow Body or Duo-Jet? Something "old-school", not the cheap junk they try to pass off as Gretsch in Sam Ash these days!

Contact me at hjcopeland@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
MiketheMighty

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Gretsch Hollow-Body or Duo Jet   Wanted: Gretsch Hollow-Body or Duo Jet EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 2:09 pm

I am the very proud owner of two newer Gretschs (g5120), and I have to say that your prejudice towards them is, well, completely unfounded. They are made by Fender, and they hold with my ethos concerning everything Fender churns out, that is, yeah, there's gonna be a lot of total dogs when looking for a good instrument. But, that one out of twenty or fifty that you do find that's put together just right, that was in the care of technician that really cared that day, you've got a good instrument for life.
I would say check Craigslist for Gretschs. Most people get rid of them soon, in favor of more "conventional" solid body electrics, or just because they can't handle a guitar that big. Go for the 5120. I'm not terribly impressed by the new duo jets. With a few upgrades, they are completely bulletproof guitars.
For instance, my main guitar, Gwen (the ashbringer....) has been equipped with a new TV Jones pickup (mounted expertly by Jeff Fisher, a true legend among men, and our Rock n Blues guitar tech), a new pickguard, dice knobs (that I made), and new tuning machines (Grover Imperials, the model that come on the white falcons).
And, ask anyone around the school about Gwen. She is EPIC.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Gretsch Hollow-Body or Duo Jet   Wanted: Gretsch Hollow-Body or Duo Jet EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:17 pm

Thanks for the feedback...

(and thanks for using the forum - I built Dave's new website, and setup his blog and this forum - we need to prime the pump a little - this can be a great resource if we can get students using it).

I was looking at some of the lower-end Gretschs in Sam Ash a few weeks ago, and they looked pretty cheaply made.

I guess I should have asked them to pull the White Falcon down from the wall!!!
Back to top Go down
https://rocknbluesacademy.board-directory.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Gretsch Hollow-Body or Duo Jet   Wanted: Gretsch Hollow-Body or Duo Jet Empty

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Gretsch Hollow-Body or Duo Jet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock 'n' Blues Academy :: Classifieds :: Stuff Wanted-
Jump to: